Max in Haiti

You want me to go where?

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vacation Report

What I did last summer spring

by Max V.

My vacation started on Friday in Port-au-prince. I was very excited because it was my first vacation in a long time. I took a big airplane to Miami all alone. It was a little scary, especially the part about drinks costing five dollars, but it was okay because a nice lady had sold me a few at the airport. I got to the airport in Miami and had to walk a lot to go to the place where they look at your passport. That airport is stupid.

Then I got very excited in the taxi because it was going to see my cousins! Yeah! Guillaume and Thomas were there and they told me about how they had been in Key West and met some nice people and were very hangover or something. They are very funny.

So then we went to walk in this place called South Miami Beach. It is like a city on a beach! The women wear very small clothes and they have small noses and the men look very hard at their t-shirts, even when there is no funny picture. And there are many stores and restaurants and loud music places and they are all open at night! Me and my cousins went to a place called the Nikki Beach Club. It was very cool! They had beds on the beach! And people were drinking on them! And some of the beds had curtains around them so people could sleep in them when they are tired. It’s a good idea. But no ladies went to sit on our bed, so we left.

The next day we went to the beach and I swam in the water! The people on the beach wore funny things. Then we watched the French Cup Final and my team won! Yeah! Guillaume was sad because his team lost but it is always like that when Marseille plays.

Then we ate dinner and then we went to a very loud place called Mansion. We had to wait a long time at the door and someone said it was because there were no girls with us, but then I gave the man at the door some money and me and my cousins got in. It was very nice inside. There were girls drinking and dancing and a man was making music and the women that were drinking started dancing on the tables and they were very silly! Thomas bought me a Red Bull and Vodka and it tasted like bubblegum and me and my cousins started dancing and then I don’t remember things so good.

In the morning I was worried because I felt a little sick in the stomach and the head, but my cousins said it was normal and that we needed to go eat. So we went to Little Havana and we ate at a big restaurant called Versailles. It is the only picture I took on this trip because the music places in South Beach they do not like cameras. That is Thomas on the left and Guillaume on the right.

We were tired that night but we still went outside. There was a place called the Raleigh Hotel and people told us there was a pool party! But no one was swimming in the pool. Weird! The women looked like the ones in mom’s magazines and they were very tall and thin and they had little dogs with them. And the men spoke on their phone a lot and they had a lot of goo in their hair and they were shorter than the women. One of them was also making music at a table. Everywhere in South Miami Beach there is a man making music at a table! This time my cousins bought me a drink called a Mojito that kinda tasted like lemonade. And then we went to other places. At one there were people playing pool and there was one where women dance on your seat and there was one where I forget what happened.

The next day I was very sad because Guillaume and Thomas had to leave and I was all alone in Miami. But I bought a very cool phone that is also a camera so that the next time I go into a loud music place I can take pictures!

Then I had to go to the airport and take two airplanes to see my friends in California. The people at the airport gave me a car with no roof and when I drove it it was like the movies! Then I was very happy because I saw Jude and Jason and my godson Mariano and he is very cute and the next day Aunt Jill arrived and it was like being in Washington!

On TV they always show California when it is sunny, but that is not true! Orange County is cold and grey like the city where Mary Poppins lives. So I did not drive my car very much even though Mariano liked it very much and told me that it was “a rope whup”.

We went to a lot of very good restaurants and ate a lot. We also went to the beach, but the water was very cold. Then we went on an island and we took a boat! But it was even better the next day because we all went to Disneyland! Yeah!!!

It was the first time at Disneyland for Jude and Mariano and we were all very excited. We went on the Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Room and Haunted Mansion and the Pirates of the Caribbean and then we tried to find a place where they sold mojitos but there was only one and there were too many people and we were all very sad, except for Mariano. But then we went on Dumbo and It’s A Small World After All and Indiana Jones and we saw the parade and we tried to take a picture of Mariano with Mickey but Mickey left and we tried to run after him but he is very fast.

That day made everyone very tired and so stayed at the house a lot after that, except for we went outside to a shopping mall where there was a Ferris Wheel and a restaurant that a very big soda fountain and I had one called a Murphy’s I

rish Red and it came in a glass that was very tall and it was very good. Oh, and we also went to a restaurant called Riptide that had a lot of food and you could eat as much as you want! And

there was people with drums and dancers that looked like Lilo and a man came to our table and gave us fizzy grape juice all the time. Yeah!

But then I was sad because I had to go back home and it was a very long way and I did not sleep very much on the airplanes and I went from the airport to a business meeting and I was very tired.

The end.

p.s.: Thanks to Jude and Jason for the hospitality!

p.p.s: In case you were wondering, Jason won last entry’s contest and the bottle of rum for his PauP mobile entry (though his second one was perhaps even better). Thanks to all those who tried and better luck next time.

p.p.p.s.: How ‘bout another contest. Winner this time gets a phone call from Bonnaroo next month. Here’s the deal: Find a caption for what I am thinking in the picture to the right taken at Disneyland. Funniest one wins.


6 Comments:

Blogger Guillaume said...

VERY NNIIIIIICE !!! HAPPY TIME

vacations in Miami Beach were just cool, i wish we'll meet again in that kind of place for other cousinades

MARSEILLE TROP PUISSANT

la bise

4:02 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Salut ze.

Est-ce que tu peux demander a Tom de m'envoyer ces photos? J'aimerai bien en mettres quelques unes de plus sur le blog.

Et j'attends avec impatience le choc FCSM-OM en coupe de l'UEFA une fois les phoceens jartes de la LdC.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Guillaume said...

On ira voir un match de league des champions quand tu passeras à Paris mon coco

la bise

1:21 PM  
Blogger Will McBride said...

You're thinking of opening Six Flags Over Haiti.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Guillaume said...

T'as reçu les photos de Tommy, je lui ai demandé de te les envoyer y a 2 semaines

Ribery dégage au Bayern tu servais à rien

La bise

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sympa les photos, j'aurais bien voulu être la.

Max, je passerai sans doute aux states en août ou sept. Je t'en reparle quand j'en sais plus.

La bise!
Rom

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counter